You want to get ideas to improve your foot work and/or movement in general? Watch Michael Jackson videos. Really. His ability to create movement of his hands, arms, shoulders, head, torso, legs and feet are unparalleled. Get familiar with martial arts movements, different types of dance, other Drillers and exercise and stretch daily.
What the judge SHOULD be looking for:
The “What” of the performance
The range of material most compatible with the Drillers’ training, the vocabulary.
- Horizontal and Vertical Uniformity of Technique
- Exposure to error: Difficulty and Risk
- Range and variety of moves
- Phrasing (the length of
- Horizontal (over time) and vertical (move-to-move) flow
The “How” of the performance
Evidence of training that supports the vocabulary.
- Achievement of dynamic variations and effort qualities
- Timing and Pacing
With the above and your imagination, your choreographed and programed movement will excel!
Training and practice are two different things. If one is trained incorrectly, all of the practice in the world will not correct that.