I’ve been teaching in various official capacities since 1986 and since 2009, I’ve been teaching various elements of what I have developed into a formal clinic for cadets, mainly, and JROTC instructors. The best news is that the clinic is free! I teach it to JROTC units as I travel the country instructing first responder ceremonial units.
The text of the flyer that I created is below and you can download the flyer at my Downloads page under the heading DrillMaster University. The best thing to do is get cadets from all over your area to attend the clinic that last three to five hours, depending on how many cadets attend.
What you get in the clinic:
- Command voice principles
- Movement mechanics and principles
- Effort qualities
- An understanding of unarmed exhibition movement
- An introduction to armed exhibition movement
- Teamwork activities
What does it take to host a clinic?
- A gymnasium or some place similar
- Access to an electrical outlet is helpful
What do the cadets need to bring?
- Water and snacks for the breaks
- Sturdy shoes for marching
- Comfortable clothing
- Any kind of drill rifle
What is the price for cadets?
- A positive attitude
- A Desire to learn
- A willingness to improve
How many cadets can attend?
- 20 minimum, up to 100